Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Anyone got $2500 I can borrow?


This might be a tad blasphemous but I am going to say it anyway. Marlo was one of my least favorite characters on The Wire (mainly because he just wasn't as charismatic as Avon or String). However, Jamie Hector, the actor who portrayed the up and coming Westside kingpin, may be my new favorite human being.

Somebody get Oslo on the phone, I would like to nominate Jamie for the Nobel Peace Prize...ok, an NAACP Image Award is might be more do-able, but fuck it, shoot for the stars right? This American hero is putting together an event to benefit his non-profit organization, Moving Mountains, called "The Streets Vs. Law: Paintball Tournament 2010". On this Saturday, for the paltry sum of $2500 (for the VIP package), you and a group of friends can exchange gun-fire with some of your favorite characters from The Wire, including Omar, Snoop, Slim Charles, Carver, and Kima. All I can say is that I am in the process of trying to sell a kidney or testicle to finance my ticket to this tournament.


In preparation for the event I went to the sporting goods store in search of a paintball gun. The sales person sold me on what he called "the Cadillac of paintball guns". He meant Lexus, but he ain't know. I paid him with a wad of hundreds in the aisle of the store. He certainly earned that bump like a muh'fucker.


My plan is to show up to the event dressed in a black suit with a bow-tie and demand to be teamed up with Michael K. Williams, although I will probably have to wait in line behind a bunch of gay, Hispanic gentlemen.


I have but two bones to pick with this otherwise glorious event:
The event is in New York, not Baltimore. What gives, Marlo?
It doesn't appear that the guy who played Rawls is participating. I would empty my bank account for the chance to throw a few hot ones at his punk ass.

Here is a link to the the event's website.

No comments: